Be Tobacco Free
Healthier Southwest Louisiana Coalition partners with The Louisiana Campaign for Tobacco-Free Living, Well-Ahead LA, American Heart Association, American Cancer Society and others to implement tobacco control initiatives that reduce and prevent tobacco use, to help Southwest Louisianans lead healthier lives. By supporting tobacco-free and smoke-free policies at the organizational, municipal, parish and state level, strides are being made to create tobacco-free and smoke-free environments and workplaces in our community. Our goal is to also eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke in public spaces and workplaces, because everyone should have the opportunity to work in environments with clean, healthy air.
We strive to:
- Prevent youth from beginning to use tobacco
- Eliminate exposure to secondhand smoke
- Promote tobacco cessation
- Identify and eliminate tobacco-related disparities
- Facilitate effective coordination of all tobacco control and prevention initiatives